edilon)(sedra Corkelast® EBS (Embedded Block System) is a durable ballastless track construction system for metro and Heavy Rail. This prefabricated “block” system is ideally suited for quick and accurate installation in tunnels, stations and on viaducts.
It combines a traditional rail fastening system with the Corkelast® “embedded block technology” from edilon)(sedra. This robust, waterproof track system, has become a standard solution for tunnels, stations and viaducts.
EBS basically consists of prefabricated concrete blocks that are elastically and durably fixated in a specially designed concrete tray using edilon)(sedra Corkelast®. The “block tray” combination is quick and easy to install.
This track construction system absorbs a significant portion of the mid- and high-frequency vibrations caused by wheel-rail interaction. In this way, noise emission is also greatly reduced. Not unimportant in urban areas.
Why opt for Corkelast® EBS
- Durable, waterproof bonding
- Maximum electrical insulation, important in damp environments such as tunnels
- Provides stability in straight and curved track sections
- Easy construction, also as a switch solution
- No tie bar required, making emergency evacuations safer and faster
- Complies with EN 13481-5 and EN 13230-3 standards
Track Life Extension
with Corkelast® EBS-RF (Embedded Block System-RetroFit)
edilon)(sedra Corkelast® EBS-RF is a quick-to-install, reliable retrofit solution for worn-out “booted (bi-)block” track structures. The basis of this system consists of a block-forming concrete element with integrated elastic tray, prefabricated as a whole under controlled conditions. After removing the worn or old blocks, empty pockets are created into which the Corkelast® EBS-RF blocks can be easily and quickly installed.
Very strong adhesion, completely waterproof!
- Extended service life of the main track structure
- Uses the existing concrete slab structure; no drilling or demolition of the existing slab structure is required
- Waterproof system, maximum electrical insulation
- Significant reduction in future maintenance costs
- Short (overnight) replacement periods – no or limited track unavailability